Monday, November 24, 2008

Carbon Footprint


Carbon footprint is defined as a way to measure the impact individuals have on the environment in stipulations of the amount of green house gases. My footprint was 2.37 which I think it was bad result. I should have 2.37 planets to cover my footprint levels. This is very harmful for our world and it will increase the global warming troubles.

When I saw my carbon footprint was high I shocked but it was come from many reasons. The first one is the area which I scored poorly was the travelling area. I am using a car with V6 so it should daily consume 7 Litre of petrol then petrol is providing air with negative emissions. In addition, at the weekend I use it to go to visit my relatives and friends and travel to different Emirates and fairly some countries like KSA, Bahrain, Kuwait and Qatar. The area which came second in poor score was the stuff category and that is because I live with huge family so that we should have TVs, fridges, Electronics …etc and all these are counted. One Important thing that I have never considered is recycling. I never recycle because most of my usage is with things that can’t be recycled and if I had any, I don’t recycle them.

Every problem has a solution. I would consider the following solution steps towards the end of the raised footprint levels issue. First of all I can start using group transportation. Public transportation such as busses and group taxies are good in that they would reduce the amount of emissions by reducing the number of cars in roads. This could be difficult because some people would think themselves better than riding a bus. Another way to minimize my footprint levels is by reducing the amount of time I use in any electronic devise. For example, instead of using the laptop for 5 to 7 hours a day, I should use it for 3 hours maximum. Also I should change the type of lamps I use in my house with environment friendly lamps. The last way I figured was recycling anything that can be recycled.All in all, everybody should think more about reducing the percentage of carbon emissions. If all of people tried to participate to help their world from harmful house emissions like the green house, this start must have good results for our environment and our planet as well.

No comments: